The World’s 10 Busiest Air Routes

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Chris says:

Interesting list, I thought at least one U.S. route would be in there. Had a feeling the the top routes would all be those between cities in the same countries.

On an unrelated note, have you ever considered visiting some smaller dependencies? Obviously all of them would add a ton to your list, but how about some of the most difficult places to visit on the planet (Again, these are not independent countries)?

I just thought of those off the top of my head.

Such as –
    Tokelau – Small island territory of New Zealand. No flights/airports. Only way in and out is via a 30 hour boat ride from Samoa.

Chagos Islands – Middle of the Indian Ocean. Not really possible although you can likely get there with private vessel or tour company. Anybody can go, just need to get on the boat.

Nicobar Islands – Part of the Andaman and Nicobar group of India. Nicobars are not allowed for tourists, both domestic and international, despite having a thriving native population (Nicobarese) of people. May be possible to get there if you have certain connections.

These are just off the top of my head. Wish I could go to any of them, but somebody with your credentials has a far better chance of being allowed.

2. Luciano says:

I have flown the 3rd busiest one and it actually doesn't make me surprised finding it on the list. Christmas/New Year period at the airpots of São Paulo (CGH and GRU) and Rio (SDU and GIG) are a big trouble.

3. You ignore New York-Chicago because only of cheap petrol or people like to travel through cars,trucks,or rental cabs. It is also busiest place as Cape Town-Johannesburg now lots of passengers are come from outside to see different architecture,museums,city,and lakes. Beaches are famous attractions of Chicago people comes during summer vacations here. So just think about it!!

4. Anonymous says:

Wow I knew Jeju because I love South Korea,Japan and China so obviously a lot of people talk of the beauty of Jeju Island and how they go to Seoul to take a plane. I have seen pictures,documentals and heard experienes from over there so I am glad many people visit since it's such a beautiful place

5. Cintia Rojo says:

I totally agree! I hate flying SP-RJ… it's a mess!!!

6. Anonymous says:

All of these are domestic routes, all could be connected by decent rail services. There might be problems with some sea in the way, but this is not insurmountable these days. (Number 9 excepted)

7. This is the best post one could ever see. Thank you a lot for this post!
    Clipping Path service

8. lopezadair12 says:

Great list of busiest air routes in the world. And thanks for sharing this information with us. And one can aware of different things while traveling through these routes to their destination. I have through fifth busiest air routes in the world that you have described in the list. But i always looks for cheap flight tickets for traveling and book my ticket from http://www.nanakflights.com/flights-to-winnipeg.asp because of their services. And thanks again for your nice information. And can't find any where such a great information.